General terms of accommodation renting
1. Offer and reservation confirmation
Tourist Agency Paiz Travel mediates between the Guest and service providers (on the behalf of the owner) thus ensuring the accommodations for Guests as per information available on the web page http://www.paiz-travel.com, and in the agreed time period, except in the case of unforeseen circumstances or force majeure*.
*Force majeure is an unforeseen circumstance that cannot be predicted and therefore countered (earthquakes, floods, fires, strikes, terrorist attacks, wars or deaths of the service providers or members of their families.)
3. Booking and financial terms
Reservation inquries are received via the Agency’s web page or e-mail, or in person at the Agency’s office. In order to confirm the reservation the Guests is required, during the time period of 7 days from receiving the offer, to make an advance payment in the amount of 30% of the total amount and if required, to send a confirmation of payment. The rest of the amount and, possibly, residence tax, the Guest pays in cash at the Agency’s reception on arrival date.
3. Accommodation price
The prices for each accommodation unit are listed in Euros (€) on the web pages. If there are any special notes concerning the price they will be shown below the prices on the Agency’s web pages.
The price includes: daily rent, weekly bed linen change, towels, water and electricity expenses, cutlery and cleaning equipment.
Special services (breakfast, boat rental, use of mooring) are not included in the price and should be paid separately.
In the case of the price change for a particular accommodation unit after the booking but before the advance payment, the Agency is obliged to inform the Guest immediately about it and send him the new calculation. For the Guest who paid the advance payment the Agency guarantees that the rest of the amount will be calculated on the basis of the prior accommodation price.
The accommodation units are classified by the responsible institutions and the owners are required to display the category on a visible place. The accommodation, food and service standards are different for each country and they cannot be compared. The information the Guest receives in accommodation unit are no more obliging for the Agency than those found on the Agency’s web pages.
5. Agency’s right to change and cancellation policy
The Agency retains the right to change the reservations in case of unforeseen circumstances or force majeure. The reserved accommodation unit can be replaced with another one only with a prior notice to the Guest and only with an accommodation unit that is of the same or higher category and at the same price as agreed in reservation. If the available replacement accommodation unit has a higher price (up to 15%) from the original accommodation unit, the Agency retains the right to charge the difference in prices in agreement with the Guest. If replacement is not possible, the Agency retains the right to cancel the reservation with a prior notice to the Guest and guarantees the refund of the advance payment.
6. Guest’s change and cancellation policy
If the Guest wants to cancel his reservation, he has to do it in writing (e-mail or regular mail). If the cancellation is made within 60 or more days until the date of arrival the advance payment will be refunded in full, but if it was cancelled less than 60 days before the date of arrival there will be no refunds. In the case of cancellation and the refund of the advance payment the Agency retains the right to charge 180,00 HRK of handling fee. If the Guest does not cancel the reservation but fail to arrive on the required date, the Agency retains the right to charge the full amount.
7. Obligations of the Agency and the Owner of accommodation unit
It is the Agency’s obligation to:
– care for the implementations of services as well as the choice of service providers,
– care for the rights and interests of the Guest in accordance with the tourism customs.
It is the Owner’s obligation to:
– provide every service the Guest paid for.
*The Agency and Host’s exclude any responsibility in case of any changes or failures in service providing due to force majeure.
8. Obligations of the Guest
It is the Guest’s obligation to:
– have valid travel documents and to obtain visa if required for travel to the Republic of Croatia,
– observe the customs and foreign-exchange rules of the Republic of Croatia,
– abide by the house rules in the accommodation unit and cooperate with the service providers in good faith,
– report any damages in the accommodation unit to the Owner and the Agency immediately and to make a full refund,
– upon the arrival to the temporary residence the Guest should show his voucher with all details of reservation (the number of persons and the services that should be provided) to the Agency’s representative
The Guest will bear the responsibilities and extra costs resulting from failure to uphold his obligations.
Check in time is after 2 pm and check out until 10 am, unless the Owner and the Guest agree otherwise. The keys of the accommodation units are given to the Guest in the accommodation unit by the Owner or accompanied by the Agency’s representative.
The Agency is not responsible for any destroyed, damaged, lost or stolen luggage inside of the accommodation unit. Lost or stolen luggage is reported to the Owner and the local police station.
The Guest retains right to ask for reimbursement in case the service he paid for is not provided. When submitting the complaint it should be in the written form.
Complaint submitting procedure:
– If the Guest upon the arrival at the destination, is not satisfied with the state of the accommodation unit, he should notify the Agency, and submit his complaint to the Owner. The Guest is obliged to cooperate with the Agency’s representative and the Owner in good faith to find a solution. If the complaint is justified and the service the Owner provided was not satisfactory, the Agency will do its utmost to provide the acceptable solution for the Guest in accordance with the price already paid to the Owner. The Agency or the Owner are not allowed to offer lower quality replacement accommodation to the Guest.
– If the Guest leave the accommodation unit and find another one on their own incentive and thus fail to provide the Agency the opportunity to solve the problem, they lose the right to claim for refunds or submitting the complaint for reimbursement.
– If the Guest fail to claim for reimbursement on the spot, he loses the right to ask for refund.
11. Jurisdiction of the courts
If the Guest is not satisfied with the complaint resolution, he retains the right on judicial arbitration. In that case the Commercial court in Split has the jurisdiction.
12. End note
By submitting the advance payment the Guest accepts these General terms entirely.